Several RMA members have partnered to offer education sessions on agricultural topics
Leduc County, in partnership with other RMA members, is hosting a variety of sessions related to agriculture and agri-business. While these sessions are being hosted by specific municipalities, the content will be applicable to municipalities across Alberta with an interest in the topic.
The upcoming events are:
- Alberta Land Linking workshop series: Got Land? Want Land? - November 24 and December 1 (7:00 - 8:30 pm)
- These sessions are for new farmers looking to rent land as well as those with land looking to rent it out and mentor a new farmer.
- Participants will learn about different land agreement options, how to communicate goals and visions, and about available tools to find available farmland or a mentor farmer.
- Getting into horticulture: Commercial opportunities for Alberta growers - December 7 and 14 (7:00 - 8:30 pm)
- Join horticulturist Robert Spencer from Spencer Horticultural Solutions for two online introductory sessions exploring the commercial opportunities for growing field and protected horticulture crops in Alberta.
Manager of Policy & Advocacy