At the Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA), we’re proud to represent Alberta’s 69 counties and municipal districts as an independent association. Since 1909, we have helped rural municipalities achieve strong, effective, local government. We provide Advocacy and Business Services, including cooperative procurement through the Canoe Procurement Group of Canada and insurance through RMA Insurance.
Our strategic plan sets goals to meet our members’ diverse needs, while our annual reports keep us accountable to our members. Download the RMA 2019 – 2023 Strategic Plan.
You can also download our Association Bylaws (as of November 2021).
The people behind our organization are crucial to its success as well. To see how we’re structured, check out our Organization Chart. Or to find contact information for a specific department or person, visit our RMA Team page.
Strengthening rural Alberta through effective advocacy and valued services.
Strong, uniquely rural communities and resilient rural lands that support and drive Alberta.
The RMA is committed to the following values:
1. Effectively Leading the RMA Through Insightful Leadership and Effective Internal Operations
2. Championing and Advocating on Municipal and Rural Issues
3. Facilitating Networking and Educational Opportunities
4. Being a Resource of Credible Knowledge
5. Delivering Competitive Business Services Including Insurance, Risk Management and Procurement Expertise
6. Cultivating Strategic and Collaborative Partnerships