The Agricultural Plastics Recycling Group and Cleanfarms announced six new sites for farmers to drop off used twine and grain bags
Six new locations came onboard as collection sites and are ready to accept empty agricultural grain bags and used twine for recycling. This increases the total number of collection locations in the Alberta Ag-plastic. Recycle It!
pilot program from 20 to 26.
The six new sites include:
- Clear Hills County at the Cleardale Transfer Station
- County of Forty Mile at the Foremost Transfer Station
- County of Minburn at the Mannville Waste Transfer Station
- Cypress County at the Hilda Transfer Station
- Flagstaff County at the Flagstaff Waste Regional Landfill
- MD of Provost at the Provost Regional Landfill
A map of existing collection sites
can be found on the pilot program page of the Cleanfarms website. Most existing sites are currently taking rolled, tied grain bags of any size and twine for recycling. Some, however, only take grain bags and a few take only twine.
RMA President Al Kemmere chairs the Agricultural Plastics Recycling Group
, which is entering the second of a three-year pilot program, funded by the Government of Alberta, to study a recycling program for agricultural plastics in Alberta. The end goal of the pilot program is to transition into a legislated permanent program.
Director of External Relations and Advocacy