If you’ve attended an IAMA workshop in the past 12 months, you are eligible to run!
Infrastructure Asset Management Alberta (IAMA)
will hold its Annual General Meeting (AGM) and inaugural election for its Board of Directors at the following time and location:
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
38105 Range Road 275
Red Deer County
Anyone who has attended an IAMA workshop in the past 12 months is considered a member until February’s AGM. Members have the right to run for a spot on the Board of Directors and to vote in the Board of Directors elections.
Call for Nominations
The Infrastructure Asset Management Alberta Association is seeking enthusiastic candidates to stand for election to the IAMA Board of Directors. All member categories (except students) are eligible to run for office. As per the IAMA bylaws, IAMA is seeking 10 board members. Directors shall be designated in the following manner:
7.2.1 At least three (3) to a maximum of five (5), Director position(s) shall be exclusive to Government Member
7.2.2 At least one (1), to a maximum of two (2), Director position shall be designated and only held by Consultant Member
7.2.3 Industry Association Member
may have up to three (3) representative(s) on the board.
The number of voting Directors shall be not less than six (6) and not more than eleven (11), as determined by the Board of Directors. The immediate Past Chair shall be an ex officio member of the Board and may cast a vote.
If you or someone you know are committed to playing a leadership role in the community of practice for infrastructure asset management, possess strong strategic management skills and are passionate about building IAMA as an association, please consider a nomination.
View the IAMA BYLAWS (PDF) for more information about Director positions.
Deadline for nominations is Noon (MDT) January 28, 2019.
To be considered as a candidate for the IAMA Board of Directors, the following prerequisites and competencies are required:
- Demonstrated leadership in the practice of asset management
- Previous board experience, or other related strategic management experience
- Commit four to five hours per month for board and committee meetings and board activities
- The board meets by conference call every four weeks for 1.5 hours as well as three in person meetings at the IAMA workshops.
Individuals may nominate themselves or others
by providing a brief biography including:
- Your full name
- Contact information
- Board position applied for (see openings above)
- Current professional role/responsibilities (maximum 100 words)
- Related experience (maximum 100 words)
- Your interest and vision for IAMA (maximum 100 words)
- Must be submitted as a MSWORD document and adhere to the word count
- Photo (optional) in jpeg format - separate from the word document
- PDFs will not be accepted.
This is your opportunity to sell your qualifications and vision for IAMA for review by the membership at large. Nominations will be sent to IAMA members as provided, so please carefully proofread your submission to ensure you put your best foot forward. Please note the word counts outlined above will be strictly adhered to - submissions exceeding the word limits will be cut off at the 100-word maximum.
Nominations may be submitted to:
Attention: Nominating Committee
Questions about the AGM or election process may be directed to:
Kate Cheney, BA, CMP, CMM
For enquiries, please contact:
Director of External Relations & Advocacy