RMA’s position on the sub-council has recently become vacant
The Safety Codes Council
(SCC) is a statutory corporation that formulates and oversees the development and administration of safety codes and standards throughout the province. The SCC includes ten sub-councils focused on reviewing and developing safety codes for specific disciplines.
RMA serves as a nominating organization for one position on the SCC’s Fire Sub-Council
. The Fire Sub-Council focuses on adopting codes that help to minimize and prevent fires.
The detailed competencies required to serve effectively on the Fire Sub-Council are available in the member description
. Additionally, the specific RMA representative on the committee must meet the following qualifications
- Works in a rural municipality (required)
- Recognized experience in the fire industry and / or as a fire safety codes officer (required)
- Familiar with the Fire Code and Building Code (current editions) in all aspects (required)
- Familiar with the Safety Codes Act and its authority (required)
- Involved in a quality management plan (QMP) process (preferred)
Anyone meeting the competencies and qualifications requirements is encouraged to apply. Applications must consist of a brief resume or profile that outlines the applicant’s alignment with the competencies and qualifications, as well as the applicant’s contact information.
Please submit applications to Wyatt Skovron, Manager of Policy & Advocacy by email to wyatt@RMAlberta.com
. The application deadline is January 17, 2022.
The RMA Board of Directors will review applications and select a nominee for the Fire Sub-Council.
Manager of Policy & Advocacy