Have your say in the purpose and direction of your association at the Fall 2018 Convention
Every four years the RMA engages with members to review and set the Strategic Direction for the association – setting the mission, vision, values, roles, and strategic priorities of your association. The process is the members are consulted at the fall convention one year following each municipal election, the board then reviews the input provided and drafts a revised Strategic Direction, and then the membership is consulted again and asked to approve a new Strategic Direction at the following spring convention. The Board then uses the member set Strategic Direction to set plans in place to guide the organization over the next four years.
At the Fall 2018 Convention we are going to commence this process. Reinvigorated with a new name we are excited to revisit and refresh the mandate of the Rural Municipalities of Alberta. In preparation for this engagement opportunity, members are being reminded of the RMA’s mission, vision, values and roles:
RMA empowers its members through proactive leadership, strategic partnerships, effective advocacy and collective business services.
Strong, vibrant and resilient rural communities
RMA is committed to leading in a proactive, responsive and collaborative manner, to operate with integrity and honesty, to be accountable and transparent in our actions, to be connected with and behalf of our members and with various levels of government and other stakeholders.
- Act as a municipal and rural advocate
- Assure the rural voice is at the table for active participation and decision making
- Work collaboratively and partner with organizations
- Provide education on current issues and developments
- Provide timely two-way communication
- Facilitate networking and information sharing
- Research and share best practices
- Provide quality business services
- Create joint ventures for business expansion
- Operate as an innovative, responsive and learning organization
- Monitor our performance regularly to ensure continuous improvement
As a member-driven organization, your input is valued in this process. Members will have the opportunity to provide input into these components during a convention plenary session on Tuesday, November 20.
For enquiries, please contact:
Director of External Relations & Advocacy