Don’t miss out!
The RMA Fall 2018 Convention
will take place November 19-22, 2018 at the Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton. The Convention will include plenary addresses, the resolutions session, workshops, ministerial forum and opposition party leader panel, in addition to the Annual General Meeting and elections for the RMA President, as well as the District 1 and 4 Directors.
We have made some exciting changes to our agenda so be sure to check it out. We will continue to make updates as we have confirmed speakers, so please check back regularly.
Key Logistical Information
The convention will overlap with the 2018 Grey Cup Festival, which is being hosted in Edmonton. To accommodate a busy downtown, convention attendees are being reminded of key logistical items:
- Registration will take place on the Assembly Level for the duration of convention
- The main plenary hall will be Hall B on the Assembly Level
- Shuttle busses will be running from select hotels and will arrive at the Shaw on the Assembly Level, as Jasper Avenue will be closed to traffic
- Hotels will have limited availability, please book soon to secure accommodation
- Parking will be at a premium, carpooling to convention is encouraged to reduce possible parking frustration
- A Tailgate Party will replace the traditional banquet this fall, and all registered delegates will receive a Tailgate Party Ticket. Additional tickets are available to purchase for partners or extra staff.
Convention Keynote: Amanda Lindhout
Amanda Lindhout is a sought after inspirational speaker, trusted to deliver a life changing, transformational experience. Raised by a single mom in a small city, Amanda escaped the violence of her childhood home by imagining herself in the pages of National Geographic magazine. As a young woman, Amanda's curiosity led her to some of the world's most beautiful and remote places, its most imperilled and perilous countries and then into 15 months of harrowing captivity. Working as a journalist in Somalia, she was abducted by a group of masked men along a dusty road. Amanda spent 460 days as a hostage, surviving on strategy, fortitude and hope in the face of unimaginable adversity.
The Partners’ Program Registration
is now open and provides a great opportunity to network. This year we have a number of exciting activities, including the Jubilations Theatre, a trip to the WEM for shopping and activities, and an opportunity for you be creative while making your 2018 Christmas cards. Remember to purchase tickets for partners to the RMA Tailgate Party
We look forward to seeing you there!
For enquiries, please contact:
Administrative and Convention Coordinator
Director of External Relations & Advocacy