AAMDC and AUMA, with support from Infrastructure and Asset Management Alberta
(IAMA), are excited to bring you one-day and half-day asset management workshops for elected officials and senior administration, and two-day workshops for municipal staff! Workshops are geared towards rural and small urban municipalities with limited asset management experience.
These workshops are made available through funding received from the Federation of Canadian Municipalities
(FCM) Municipal Asset Management Program
(MAMP). In partnership with the AAMDC and AUMA, workshops will be offered free of charge.
Register for one-day asset management workshops for elected officials and CAOs!
What will you get out of the workshop? You’ll understand what asset management is, the benefits of starting or continuing on your asset management journey, and how you can get started and champion asset management in your municipality.
This full-day workshop
is offered in five locations around the province.
Click here to register.
Register today for half-day specialized modules on asset management for elected officials and CAOs!
- March 27 – Strathmore (Travel Lodge Strathmore), 8:30am – 4:30pm
- March 29 – Lethbridge (Coast Lethbridge Hotel and Conference Centre), 8:30am – 4:30pm
- NEW: April 25 – Spruce Grove (Holiday Inn Express & Suites), 8:30am – 4:30pm
- April 11 – Peace River (Chateau Nova), 8:30am – 4:30pm
- April 17 – Vermilion (Vermilion Regional Centre), 8:30am – 4:30pm
Registration for specialized half-day workshops for elected officials and senior administrators will be available soon, so save the date!
Click here to register.
Save the date for two-day introductory courses for municipal staff!
- May 2 – Westlock (Westlock Inn Conference Centre), 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Topic: It's got teeth but doesn't bite: Developing and implementing an effective asset management policy
- May 15 – High River (Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre), 1:00 pm – 5:00pm
- Topic: Weathering the storm: Asset management and climate change
- May 23 – Camrose (Camrose Resort Casino), 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Topic: RISK: How asset management can help!
- May 29 – Strathmore (Travel Lodge Strathmore), 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Topic: Boring until it is broken: Engaging the publicin infrastructure and asset management
- June 5 – Drayton Valley (Mackenzie Conference Centre), 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Topic: "I want a five-star experience for a two-star price": Setting and communicating levels of service (LOS)
Registration for two-day introductory workshops designed for municipal staff will be available soon.
Click here to register
- May 3-4 – Leduc (Executive Royal Hotel), 8:30am – 4:30pm (both days) – Registration open!
- May 8-9 – Lloydminster Area, 8:30am – 4:30pm (both days)
- May 24-25 – Grand Prairie Area, 8:30am – 4:30pm (both days)
- May 30-31 – Lethbridge Area, 8:30am – 4:30pm (both days)
- June 6-7 – Calgary Area, 8:30am – 4:30pm (both days)
and to find out more.
This initiative is offered through the Municipal Asset Management Program, which is delivered by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities and funded by the Government of Canada.
Enquiries can be addressed to:
Director, External Relations & Advocacy