Learn more about FCM’s Toward Parity Initiative through this unique webinar series
Toward Parity in Municipal Politics
is an initiative the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) initiated in 2018. In Canada, women occupy 18% of mayor / reeve positions and 28% of councillor seats. The goal of Toward Parity is to shift those numbers upward.
FCM recently released Run, Win, and Lead: Toward Parity in Municipal Politics
, which provides a sector-wide vision on the challenges and the opportunities that individuals, local governments, communities, stakeholders, and regional bodies can adapt and implement to increase participation of women in municipal politics.
A virtual webinar series focused on Run, Win, and Lead is being offered by FCM. The series will profile a few of the communities from across Canada who implemented demonstration projects to encourage women of all identities and backgrounds to participate in municipal government.
All webinars will take place from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm and each will feature different municipalities.
- October 13, 2020 - Register here
- Will feature Moose Jaw, SK “Our Voice, Our Province”, Prince George, BC “Inspiring Women Among Us”, and Hamilton, ON “Reaching for Power”
- October 22, 2020 - Register here
- Will feature Chestermere, AB “Inclusion, Support and Diversity”, St. Catherines, ON “A Seat at the Table”, and Moncton, NB “Planting the Seed”
- October 27, 2020 - Register here
- Will feature Eastern Nova Scotia “Elect Her”, Prescott-Russell, ON “Pourquoi pas moi?”, and Winkler, MB “Empowering Women’s Voices”
After registering, participants will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
For more information visit: RMAlberta.com
Director of External Relations & Advocacy