The Government of Alberta is seeking input from stakeholders and the public on priorities for the 2024 provincial budget
The Government of Alberta is currently developing the 2024 provincial budget and is seeking input from stakeholders and the public
. Input can be provided through the completion of a survey or a written submission.
The deadline to complete the survey
or make a written submission is January 19, 2024
When providing input into Budget 2024, the RMA encourages members to emphasize the following:
- Sustainable and consistent long-term municipal infrastructure funding
- Adequate support for rural transportation networks through the Strategic Transportation Infrastructure Program
- A long-term funding approach and plan to enhance broadband in rural areas
- Recognition that rural communities require access to quality social and community services
- Any other areas identified as local funding priorities
As Alberta’s economic and population growth continues to be among the fastest in Canada, it is crucial that provincial decision-makers understand that much of this new investment and growth will depend on municipal infrastructure and services, which must be adequately supported through Budget 2024.
Director of External Relations & Advocacy