Alberta Seniors & Community Housing Association to host three regional virtual sessions
Alberta Seniors & Community Housing Association
(ASCHA) is hosting three regional sessions of a virtual workshop that explores municipal tools to support affordable housing. The workshop will highlight federal government initiatives, research, and successful affordable housing projects across the country. Municipalities, non-profit organizations, and private sector entities that work with communities to develop affordable housing and housing plans are encouraged to attend. Presenters include Sandie Price and Dianne Himbeault from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC).
The workshop will cover three key areas:
- Overview of the National Housing Strategy (NHS);
- Municipal tools for affordable housing, including policy, financials, and regulatory tools; and
- The housing supply challenge.
There will be three virtual sessions offered by region:
- South Region: May 11, 2021, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. South Region is classified from Calgary to the US Border. Register online.
- Central Region: May 12, 2021, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. Central Region is classified from Airdrie to Leduc. Register online.
- North Region: May 13, 2021, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. North Region is classified from Edmonton to the NWT Border. Register online.
Director of External Relations & Advocacy