The Federation of Canadian Municipalities’ (FCM) Municipal Asset Management Program will stop accepting applications due to highly successful uptake
Since its launch in May 2017, the Municipal Asset Management Program’s
(MAMP) direct funding offer has received continuous uptake, resulting in a large volume of application submissions and rapid disbursement of funds to municipalities across Canada. As nearly all funds have been disbursed to municipalities, there is now a need to close the direct funding call for applications. MAMP will no longer accept applications from municipalities, with the exception of Quebec. FCM has also shared that:
- Municipalities can submit applications to the MAMP program until midnight ET on October 23, 2018.
- Funding is subject to availability and may be fully allocated before the deadline.
- To ensure that as many municipalities as possible benefit from MAMP funding, preference will be given to first time applicants.
- At this time, there is no plan to re-open the call for applications.
- More information about submitting an application can be found here.
If your municipality is interested in furthering your asset management capacity, RMA, in partnership with AUMA and Infrastructure and Asset Management Alberta (IAMA), have secured funding to build on the recently completed asset management courses
. The funding will support a program that will select a cohort of municipalities to progress collaboratively through the development of an asset management policy, strategy, cross-functional team
, and possibly other areas. Keep an eye out in the Contact newsletter for further information forthcoming in Fall 2018.
For enquiries, please contact:
Director of External Relations & Advocacy