The AAMDC understands that municipalities are facing uncertainty about the municipal impacts of the legalization of cannabis and may be looking for information on how to amend land-use bylaws to accommodate production and retail facilities, among much more.
To assist members in planning for legalization, the AAMDC has created a Planning for Cannabis
information page on our website to share available resources. While there are only a few resources now, we will be adding to this page as more information and resources become available.
At this time, you will find:
- Amending Your Land Use Bylaw to Prepare for the Retail Sale of Cannabis document, prepared by Brownlee LLP
- Cannabis facility classifications by municipality
- AAMDC submissions to the Cannabis Secretariat and Health Canada
- AAMDC Letters to Alberta Ministers re: Cannabis Excise Tax
If you have any resources you think would be useful for rural Alberta municipalities, such as:
- amended land use bylaws;
- resources on amending land use bylaws;
- if you want to share your experiences; and/or
- anything else related to cannabis legalization for municipalities.
Contact Policy Analyst Chelsea Parent by email at email@example.com
Enquiries may be directed to:
Director, Advocacy & Communications