The Municipal Climate Change Action Centre (MCCAC)
recently made some important changes to the TAME+ program, which provides incentives to Alberta municipalities for custom energy efficiency facility retrofits. Program incentive levels have been increased to encourage municipal participation as the program approaches its final year.
Retrofit Implementation Incentive
Energy Audit Incentive
- An incentive of 60% of capital costs up to a maximum of $500,000 per facility of any size, with a maximum of $1,000,000 of funding per municipality, is available for the implementation of energy conservation measures outlined in an approved Detailed Energy Assessment.
- Projects must also meet a minimum greenhouse gas reduction performance requirement (abatement rate) of $60/tonne, measured by dividing total MCCAC implementation funding by a project’s lifetime greenhouse gas reductions. Funding for projects that have an abatement rate greater than $60/tonne will be pro-rated.
How to Apply & Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Detailed Energy Assessments required for a project application will no longer receive funding due to the significant increase in implementation incentives. Participants must cover the full cost of the energy audit.
- Municipalities must submit an Expression of Interest and a Detailed Energy Assessment that was completed between January 1, 2016 and December 1, 2017. The Detailed Energy Assessment must meet the requirements outlined in the TAME+ Detailed Energy Assessment Requirements document and reflect the building in its current form.
- Municipalities with existing TAME+ Funding Agreements are not eligible for the incentive increase; however, they may apply for new projects.
- Funding is available on a first come, first served basis so municipalities are encouraged to submit completed applications as soon as possible.
- Municipalities are eligible to submit multiple applications.
- Once funding is depleted the program will close.
- The deadline for application is December 1, 2017.
for detailed program information and to submit your application.
If you have any questions about the TAME+ program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries may be directed to:
Director, Advocacy & Communications