In their 2016 budget, the Government of Canada committed $50 million to improving asset management capacity for municipalities across Canada. The Government of Canada tasked the Federation of Canadian Municipalities
(FCM) with administering the funding and designing a program that would meet the diverse needs of municipalities across Canada.
As part of administering the MAMP, the FCM is seeking expressions of interest from experts in the asset management field to serve as peer reviewers for municipal funding applications. Peer reviewers will provide independent guidance on project merit and risk, as well as a technical perspective on applications. Peer reviewers must have the following technical knowledge and experience:
- A broad knowledge of asset management principals, project management and results based management
- Knowledge of local governments and, if possible, Indigenous communities and the challenges they face
- Municipal sector specific knowledge that could enhance the asset management expertise of funding applicants
- Knowledge of the best practices and tools currently in use by municipalities to support their asset management programs, including ISO 55001
- Prior experience in the peer review of grant funding applications
Peer reviewers are expected to receive between 5-10 applications each, per month, and will receive a remuneration of $114.28/hr for application review services up to a maximum of 2 hrs/application. Peer reviewers are expected to sign a standard contract for consultancy services with FCM and to submit invoices for services provided.
For more information on evaluation criteria, conflict of interest policy, and other areas, please view the attached background document.
If you are interested in becoming a peer reviewer, please submit:
- A curriculum vitae outlining your relevant experience
- A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the desired skills outlined above
Expressions of interest should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
using the subject line “MAMP Peer Reviewer.” The submission deadline is Thursday, March 9, 2017
For questions related to the MAMP program, please contact Kate Fleming, Program Director, Asset Management Program at email@example.com
or Kirsten Brouse, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions relating to peer reviewer appointments, conflict of interest or other process matters, please contact Geoffrey Waters, Senior Manager, Funding Services at email@example.com.
Enquiries may be directed to:
Director, Advocacy & Communications