The AAMDC’s resolution deadline for the Fall 2017 Convention was Monday, October 16, 2017. Any resolutions being brought forward after this date will be considered emergent. As per the AAMDC Resolutions Process Policy
, the process for emergent resolutions has been streamlined as follows:
- An emergent resolution is defined as a resolution submitted to the AAMDC after the resolution deadline;
- The resolution must deal with an issue, legislative, or policy change that has arisen after the resolution deadline; and
- The resolution must identify why the issue needs to be addressed prior to the next AAMDC convention.
- Justification explaining why a resolution is emergent must be clearly stated upon submission via an attached letter or email.
- The AAMDC Resolutions Committee will review all resolutions submitted as emergent and determine if they meet the aforementioned definition. Resolutions accepted by the Resolutions Committee as emergent will be added to the order paper at the start of the resolutions session. No debate from the floor as to whether a resolution is emergent will occur.
- The member bringing forward the emergent resolution must, at their own expense, provide copies for voting members in attendance (minimum 600).
Any members who intend to bring forward an emergent resolution for consideration are encouraged to advise a member of the AAMDC Resolutions Committee or Tasha Blumenthal at email@example.com
as soon as possible. The deadline to submit emergent resolutions is Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 10:00 am
Due to the results of the 2017 municipal election, AAMDC District Directors are filling vacancies left on the AAMDC Resolutions Committee. Committee members for the fall 2017 convention are as follows:
- Chair – Tom Burton, AAMDC District 4 Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 780.512.1558
- District 1 – Randy Taylor, AAMDC District 1 Director, County of Warner
- District 2 – Earl Graham, AAMDC District 2 Director, Clearwater County
- District 3 – Kara Westerlund, Brazeau County
- District 4 – Leanne Beaupre, County of Grande Prairie
- District 5 – Eric Anderson, County of Minburn
Enquiries may be directed to:
Director, Advocacy & Communications