The deadline to submit resolutions for the fall 2016 convention is Monday, October 17, 2016
. Any resolutions submitted after this deadline will need to meet the definition of “emergent” as identified in the AAMDC’s resolution process policy
What makes a good AAMDC resolution?
- Resolutions should address issues that are provincial in scope and not focus on local issues.
- Resolutions should influence legislative changes that will impact rural municipalities.
- The issue identified in a resolution should clearly demonstrate that the AAMDC is the best organization to advocate on moving it forward.
- The structure of resolutions is important. They must have a title, preamble, operative clause and member background.
- Members are encouraged to review the AAMDC’s Resolution Writing Tips.
Complete, district-approved resolutions meeting the above requirements MUST be emailed in a Microsoft Word format
by the aforementioned deadline.
The complete package of submitted resolutions that have been received prior to this deadline will be distributed to the AAMDC membership via member bulletin as soon as possible for review prior to convention.
Enquiries may be directed to:
Director of Advocacy and Communications