Community Conserve is offering matching grants up to $10,000 to five different environmental / conservational projects Community Conserve
is a web-based capacity-building and fund-pooling tool created by the Miistakis Institute
and the Environmental Law Centre
, with the support of RMA and AUMA. Municipal personnel participate by posting and voting on environmental issues and ideas. The top-ranked ideas are converted into actionable plans and posted on the site. Interested municipalities can then pool their resources to fund those plans.
Community Conserve has now opened the application process for the Matching Grant Opportunity
, which will award five different environmental / conservation projects up to $10,000.
The Guidelines Projects:
- Must address an environmental / conservation issue.
- Must include “foundational information” meaning background research, tool-development, guidebook, legal foundation, policy review, etc.
- Must be proposed by an Alberta municipality.
- Must be applicable to multiple Alberta municipalities (not just a concern or need for one municipality).
- Submit a simple suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining:
- The idea or issue
- Who your municipal partner(s) is
- How much you can contribute
- Your municipality and contact information
- The Community Conserve Team creates a Project Plan proposal and will send it back to you for approval.
- The project plan gets added to the other submissions for review.
The deadline for submissions is December 31, 2019
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
For enquiries, please contact:
Alex Mochid Policy Analyst alex@RMAlberta.com
Tasha Blumenthal Director of External Relations & Advocacy tasha@RMAlberta.com