The RMA is seeking member representation on the Safety Codes Council’s Private Sewage Sub-Council
and Building Sub-Council
. The RMA is seeking up to two nominees for each sub-council to be forwarded for consideration by the Safety Codes Council. Members who would like to be nominated for one of the sub-councils should be experts in the discipline and actively engaged in the safety codes system. Sub-councils typically meet four times per year.
In your application or nomination, please indicate which sub-council you are applying for and provide a brief profile that lists your background, experience, and contact information.
Please note, the positions can go to either elected or non-elected members of a municipality.
Within their disciplines, the technical sub-councils are responsible for the following:
- Reviewing, formulating, and recommending safety codes, standards and principles of barrier free design and access
- Establishing competency requirements for Safety Codes Officers
- Developing standards and compliance monitoring criteria for accredited organizations
- Assessing the effectiveness and quality of Safety Codes Officers’ training courses
- Hearing and deciding appeals of orders and written notices.
As these are volunteer positions, members are not paid but the Safety Codes Council will reimburse its members for all expenses incurred. Per diems are paid for by the nominating municipality. More details on the role are available in the position descriptions for the private sewage sub-council
and building sub-council
The Council is an equal opportunity organization and values diversity of all kinds. For more information about the Safety Codes Council, please visit www.safetycodes.ab.ca
Please forward your nominations to RMA Manager of Policy and Advocacy Wyatt Skovron at wyatt@RMAlberta.com
by January 19, 2024
Manager of Policy & Advocacy