FCM announces new funding for municipalities to help deliver energy efficient financing programs for low-rise residential properties.
The Federation of Canadian Municipalities
(FCM) announced a $300 million dollar Community Efficiency Financing
initiative under the Green Municipal Fund
to help municipalities deliver energy efficient financing programs for low-rise residential properties, including Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) models and utility on-bill financing.
The FCM funding and learning resources can help municipalities achieve the following:
- Create, launch, and expand innovative financing programs for residential energy projects.
- Generate triple bottom line benefits such as:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions, create energy savings, and contribute to climate adaption, water conservation, and health and safety outcomes.
- Accelerate energy cost savings, improve housing affordability, and keep the local economy moving.
- Increase home comfort, health, and quality of life for residents.
To see if your community is eligible, take the FCM readiness survey
Apply by June 30, 2020
to access funding to capitalize new programs and scale-up existing ones.
For enquiries, please contact:
Director of External Relations & Advocacy