A new report released by the Alberta Water Council (AWC) recommends ways for the Government of Alberta to improve water literacy in Alberta. The AWC recommendations noted in this report support work by the Government of Alberta as it develops a provincial water literacy strategy.
The report, Recommendations to Improve Water Literacy in Alberta,
considers the following areas intended to improve water literacy:
- increased collaboration among water literacy practitioners;
- alignment of topics, audiences, delivery areas and methods used;
- the provision of tools and shared knowledge to assess program success and effectiveness;
- stronger capacity among practitioners; and
- assessment of water literacy among Albertans.
In developing this report, the AWC found that existing water literacy programs cover a variety of topics, target audiences and delivery areas but gaps still exist in the issues addressed, and where and to whom the programs are delivered.
More information on the AWC Water Literacy Project Team is available here
The AAMDC plays an active role on the AWC Board of Directors and committees through participation by AAMDC Board of Directors, members and staff.
Enquiries may be directed to:
Director of Advocacy and Communications