Alberta Nonprofit Network
(ABNN) is an independent network of Alberta organizations seeking to advance a cohesive, proactive, and resilient nonprofit sector. ABNN brings together organizations of all sizes and scopes to collectively address province-wide issues.
ABNN has been hearing concerns from Alberta nonprofits about challenges with managing staff and service delivery, as well as concerns about funding continuity, funding to manage the increased demand for services, and the ability to meet funder reporting expectations given the current situation with COVID-19.
ABNN has submitted a letter to the Government of Alberta and asked the RMA to share their letter to with our members. The letter urges action on three immediate concerns:
View the ABNN’s letter to the Government of Alberta
- Provide clarity on the Government of Alberta’s commitment to current funding agreements.
- Provide emergency grants to other frontline services.
- Provide flexibility on expectations within current funding agreements to account for the limited ability of organizations to deliver given the current circumstances, including:
- The ability to move funding categories;
- The ability to delay reporting deadlines; and
- Relief from outcome expectations.
- Provide details surrounding the 14-day paid leave entitlement, specifically the necessary administrative processes and procedures within the Employment Standards Code.
If you have any questions or concerns about the ABNN, please email Karen Link at firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries, please contact:
Director of External Relations & Advocacy