- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience & knowledge of water and wastewater systems
- Time management and organizational skills desired
- Works well in team setting
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License, Class 5 unrestricted
- Valid First Aid
- Valid certificate pursuant to the Alberta Water and Wastewater Operators certification program
- Water Distribution, Level 2
- Water Treatment, Level 2- Level 3 preferred
- Wastewater Collection, Level 2
- Wastewater Treatment, Level 2
- or four years’ experience related directly to the Water/wastewater industry
- Proficient and knowledgeable of WHMIS and Alberta Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) regulations that apply to this position
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
- Ability to track and log data
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above to a high degree of quality, timeliness, and precision.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHISYCAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Familiar with Scada systems.
- Must be proficient with computerized accounting system.
- Basic accounting skills and familiarity with Municipal finances and budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact well with, and respond to inquiries from employees, Management, Council, Ratepayers and Vendors.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time constraints.
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Working alone
- Working with chemicals
- Use and operation of vehicles
- Working outdoors
- Overtime and after hour calls can be expected
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional overtime may be required.
- Extensive travel may be required.
All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
- Internal working alone system.
- Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Interested candidates may submit cover letter (stating the position you are applying for)
and resume by January 15, 2021 at 4:00 pm
, in one of the following ways:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (please quote the position in the subject line)
Mail or Drop Off: Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079
Valleyview, Alberta T0H 3N0
Confidential Fax: 780-524-3981
While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.