The successful candidate possesses a degree in Urban and Regional Planning combined with at least five years of responsible planning experience. An APPI/CIP regulated member is required. Regulated members include those who are Candidates or RPP members of the Institute.
Further, the individual possesses the following qualities:
- Ability to take initiative and work with little direction to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Substantial writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- High proficiency in computer programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. ArcGIS experience would be an asset but is not mandatory.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy / attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge in planning terminology, practices, procedures, and standards.
- Experience with annexations and road closures considered an asset.
The position requires a valid driver’s license to enable travel throughout the region.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth. The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume outlining their experience and qualifications to the attention of the undersigned:
Devin Diano, CEO/Director of Planning
Palliser Regional Municipal Services
P.O. Drawer 1900
Hanna, Alberta. T0J 1P0
Phone: (403) 854-3371
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants will be required to provide examples of past long-range planning projects during the interview process. The Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.