To prepare for this position, you will have obtained Arena Operator Level 1 certification, with three (3) years of experience in the arena/recreation industry. You have highly developed interpersonal, organizational, problem solving and mechanical and maintenance skills, along with proficient computer skills. You have a proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the community, user groups and other stakeholders. Your knowledge and ability to make, paint, and mark ice and operate arena equipment and machinery will help ensure your success in this position. Candidates must be available to work shift work, including both evening and weekend shifts, with shifts running into the early morning hours.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ice maintenance and resurfacing;
- Assisting with the installation and removal or arena ice;
- Custodial maintenance including a variety of tasks such as cleaning dressing rooms, stands, bathrooms, multi-purpose rooms, walking track and all public areas, replenishing supplies as well as, wash and wax floors plus disinfecting/Fogging as required;
- Facility maintenance including a variety of tasks such as changing lights, painting, basic carpentry, basic plumbing and grounds upkeep;
- Promote positive relations with the public and provide customer service to all patrons, ensuring that public inquiries and complaints are responded to positively and quickly.
For a full job description and more information about this exciting career opportunity, please visit our website at www.foothillscountyab.ca