Lacombe County is seeking an analytically focused and detailed oriented individual to join our Corporate Services team. Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Services, the Records Management Coordinator will oversee the information and records management program for Lacombe County.
This is a temporary contract position to cover off a maternity leave effective approximately April 1, 2019 - May 2020.
A full job description online at www.lacombecounty.com.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure the appropriate creation, maintenance, storage, retention, retrieval and disposition of all County records;
- Maintain an orderly and efficient filing system in both paper and electronic records management systems including Sharepoint;
- Provide records management assistance and information to staff;
- Conduct training sessions for the departmental users in the operation of new and revised records management systems;
- Identify potential privacy risks through the County’s collection and use of personal information;
- Respond to all formal and informal FOIP requests from the public and staff.
- Completion of a diploma or certificate in a Records/Information Management program or other relevant discipline, or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience;
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in records management administration including experience with electronic records management;
- Advanced computer skills, including working with records management software;
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of records management and information governance principles are required;
- Proficient presentation/training skills with the ability to exercise courtesy, flexibility and patience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Jan 31, 2019
Closing Date: Feb 18, 2019