Clearwater County is recruiting for a Public Works Supervisor.
This is a regular/full-time position in the Public Works Operations department.
The work schedule is Monday to Friday at 40 hours per week with a start rate of $46.87/hour. The successful candidate must be available for on-call rotation and overtime as required.
Clearwater County’s staff values are accountability, integrity, service, community and communication. Visit www.clearwatercounty.ca/careers
to learn more.
Please submit your resume, cover letter outlining your areas of expertise and three references by 12:00 pm (noon) on December 12, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Responsibilities Include:
This position oversees and directs the work of foremen, operators and other staff within our public works operational programs, encompassing bridge repairs, water/wastewater operations, signs, culverts, surface road maintenance, winter snowplow operations and oil-based dust suppression.
- Up to five (5) years field and supervisory level experience in at least three (3) program areas.
- Previous experience in hiring staff and contractors.
- Previous experience in budget forecasting, job costing, and monitoring expenditures on an on-going basis.
- Commitment to safety first work environment, knowledgeable about OHS requirements.
- Computer literacy and use of software and applications.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with public, and all levels of staff.
- Ability to take initiative and work cooperatively to ensure projects are managed and completed on a timely basis.
- C.E.T. or Civil Engineering Technology or related post-secondary completed program.
- Project management courses/experience.
- Previous experience working in a municipality or public sector.
- Alberta Public Works Association Supervisor Level 1, 2 and 3 certifications.
- Class B Bridge inspection.
- Class 1 and/or Class 2 Water/Wastewater certification.
Additional Job Information:
Position Type: Permanent/Full-Time
Posted Date: Nov 22, 2022
Closing Date: Dec 12, 2022