The Town of Morinville is currently seeking a full-time Public Works Operator II to join the Team. Reporting to the Public Works Foreman, the Public Works Operator II, may be required to perform duties in all departments. The Public Works Operator II shall operate municipal motorized light and heavy-duty equipment and perform related manual labour in assigned all-season maintenance activities on Town owned infrastructure.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Apply equipment specific operation skills, techniques and procedures while operating municipal equipment, tandem trucks, hand tools and sundry equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Perform daily maintenance checks, and weekly servicing of all equipment operated to ensure equipment is maintained as outlined in the work procedures. Wash and clean equipment as required and report any malfunctions and/or repairs required to immediate supervisor.
- Work with line paint, concrete, asphalt and other such materials.
- Assist in the assessment of equipment and provide feedback on maintenance requirements.
- Follow safety procedures and participate in safety activities such as hazard assessments, worksite inspections, safety meetings and incident investigations.
- Assist with the provision of “on the job” training for new employees.
- May be assigned other duties within the scope of the membership.
- High School Diploma (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered);
- A valid Class 3 Alberta Operator’s License with Air Brakes (Q) Endorsement;
- First Aid/CPR and WHMIS certification (or ability to obtain);
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance operations in a municipal environment;
- Experience in operating various equipment in support of public works operations;
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (heavy lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing). Work is performed with exposure to outdoor elements.
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills, with the ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing are essential.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract prior to commencement of employment;
- May be required to work various shifts including evenings or weekends;
- May be required to participate in a rotating on call schedule
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Starting $27.23 per hour
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Posted Date: Nov 15, 2021
Closing Date: Dec 06, 2021
Job ID: 202160