Posting ID: 22-31
Permanent, Full-Time (35 hours / week)
$71,143.80 – $88,961.60 / annum
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Planner l in our Planning and Economic Development Department.
About the Opportunity:
The Planner l reports to the Manager, Planning and Development, and also takes directions from the Director of Planning and Economic Development and the General Manager, Infrastructure and Planning. This position manages and reviews applications and projects for development, subdivision, redistricting, outline plans, area structure plans, and regional plans. This position is responsible for developing subdivision, redistricting, outline and area structure plans. In addition, this position is responsible for the development and management of special projects as required and ensures the development of the City of Leduc is planned responsibly.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide professional planning advice to the functional areas, the Subdivision Development Appeal Board (SDAB), City staff, residents and Council
- Receive, renew and approve or refuse applications for development permits for residential, commercial, institutional and industrial developments, land-use changes, home occupations, signs and variances to ensure the requirements of the City’s Land Use Bylaw (LUB) are met
- Calculating and tracking permit fees, levies and securities required for development permits
- Support preparation of documents such as, but not limited to, caveats and discharge of caveats, restrictive covenants, right of ways, easement and encroachment agreements for registration at Alberta Land Titles
- Prepare and present reports to the Subdivision Development Appeal Board (SDAB)
- Support preparation of recommendation to City Council on development matters
- Research land use planning and land use regulations practices to support social, environmental and economic sustainability, including analyzing land uses, growth trends, patterns and opportunities
- Represent the City at public meetings and through related public consultation processes
- Support the processing of applications, including reviewing applications for accuracy and conformance
- Support backup for preparing letters respecting compliance and preparing encroachment agreements
- Conduct inspections for compliance and/or for completion of development conditions
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
- Degree in Regional and Urban Planning, Urban Design, Environmental Science, Landscape, Architecture or Geography.
- Member or eligibility for membership with the Canadian Institute of Planners is required
- Minimum of one year of professional experience in planning or a degree in a related field and a minimum of one year of municipal experience
- Basic computer skills are required
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team and other departments
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check at own expense
- Must be fully immunized against COVID-19 and be willing to provide proof of immunization or provide written approved exemption on the basis of a protected ground under the AB Human Rights Act
To apply, please visit our website at www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on March 30, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Mar 11, 2022
Closing Date: Mar 30, 2022