The Town is currently recruiting a key member of our Planning and Infrastructure team for the position of Manager of Engineering. Reporting to the General Manager, Planning and Infrastructure, this permanent full time position is responsible for management of the engineering and development functions of the Municipality. This position has oversight of 2 Engineering Technicians but is also a working, feet on the ground, role; which involves the planning and management of capital works projects, management and administration of the Town’s statutory engineering requirements, development documents, and bylaw implementations. The Manager participates in strategic planning, identifies departmental budget requirements and manages personnel requirements, issues and concerns within their functional area.
Key Responsibilities Include:
We are seeking a candidate who:
- Has a commitment to public service and is passionate about the community;
- Has sound judgement and extensive working knowledge and experience in the area of municipal engineering design;
- Has a clear understanding of the Municipal Government Act, specifically relating to municipal development engineering regulations and planning;
- Has experience in infrastructure system design, construction and/or operation including sanitary, sewer and water mains;
- Has highly developed organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Has the ability to foster positive relationships with various stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization;
- Has proven experience in coaching, leading and developing a team;
- Post-secondary degree or technical diploma in Civil Engineering;
- P. Eng designation (or working towards)
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years related experience in engineering development control, within an engineering environment (preferably in a Municipal setting);
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory and/or management experience (preferably in a Municipal setting)
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: The Town offers an excellent benefit package including the Local Authorities Pension Plan, plus the option to participate in the Apex Supplementary Pension Plan. Based on a 35 hour work week, the salary range for this position is $100, 132 - $127, 395 (starting salary is negotiable within this range based on suitable experience and qualifications).
Posted Date: Nov 06, 2018
Closing Date: Dec 05, 2018
Job ID: Competition # 2018043. For complete details and to apply online, visit www.stonyplain.com under the "Employment" tab.