- Degree or Diploma in Agriculture or Environmental Sciences.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Holds a valid and maintains during employment a current Pesticide Applicators License: Industrial/Agriculture/Landscaping
- Working knowledge of the Weed Control Act, Agricultural Pests Act, Soil Conservation Act, Animal Health Act, and Agricultural Service Board Act.
- Qualifies for membership of The Association of Alberta Agriculture Fieldmen (The A.A.A.F.).
- Has Form 7 under Pest Control Act or ability to achieve
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Criminal Background Check required
- Three to five years supervisory or management experience in Agriculture
- Municipal management experience is an asset
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Office 365 including Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams
- Possess strong written communication skills with accuracy and detail oriented
- Effective oral communication skills and ability to interact with many different individuals in a professional manner
- Time-management skills and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within deadlines
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and the ability to work with minimal supervision
Direct reporting relationships:
- Chief Administrative Officer
Indirect reporting relationships:
Interaction with external contacts:
- Agricultural Services Board
- Alternative Land Use Services (ALUS) members
Positions reporting to this position:
- ALUS Coordinator
- Assistant Ag Fieldman
In the incumbent’s absence, backup support will be provided by:
This position provides backup support to:
- Department staff for coverage during absences.
- Term position for 12 to 18 months
- Probationary period of three months applies
- 40 hours of work per week
- Hour of work are Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with one hour lunch break
- Flex Day Program
- Health and Wellness Program
- Health and Dental Benefits
How to Apply
Closing Date is 4:00 pm on Wednesday, March 23, 2022
Please send your cover letter and resume indicating the position(s) you are applying for to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance to all applicants, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.