The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Administration of the Town of Morinville prides itself on building on the rich heritage in creating a lasting legacy for Morinville, and does so with service, integrity, and commitment at the heart of our work. We are seeking a full time Manager, Infrastructure Services who will deliver on such a legacy through their work as we enter an exciting time of transformation and change. Reporting to the General Manager of Community & Infrastructure Services, the Manager is responsible to provide leadership and direction in the planning and coordination of activities, operations, and staff of the Infrastructure Services area in relation to municipal infrastructure including: transportation, parks, water facilities, wastewater collection systems, storm drainage facilities, fleet, and overall facility maintenance. The Manager coordinates assigned activities with other internal departments and outside agencies and ensures that the service unit meets operational goals and objectives and provides services in a timely, accurate, effective, and efficient manner.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, evaluate and report on departmental strategic and operational plans to achieve the goals identified in the Town’s strategic and business plans.
- Develop program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of programs and to identify areas for improvement and ensure the effectiveness of programs and services.
- Manages operations, program and service delivery and sets policy, practices, procedures and standards relating to public infrastructure; annual preparation and effective management of the annual budget.
- Contribute to the asset management program of all Town infrastructure including roads, trails and utilities.
- Establish and maintain a high level of employee performance through effective recruitment, engagement, mentoring and coaching of employees, and through setting and implementing performance standards and practices.
Application Deadline: February 8, 2021
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and a P.Eng designation with a minimum of five years’ of directly related experience; or a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) in the civil discipline with a minimum of seven years’ experience. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- 5+ years of professional experience including at least 3 years of progressive supervisory experience.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of Municipal policies, procedures and processes as well as a working knowledge of water, wastewater, drainage, infrastructure maintenance and construction management.
- Previous experience working within a municipal environment.
- Proficient with computers, including MS Office.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
Please submit resumes by the above noted deadline; however, resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit applications quoting “COMP #202104-MIS” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Annual salary range of $119,601—142,810 (7 Step Grid), based on a 35 hour work week. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Pension, Professional Development opportunities along with a supportive work environment.
Posted Date: Jan 20, 2021
Closing Date: Feb 08, 2021
Job ID: 202104