Posting ID: 22-67
Leisure Services Supervisor
Permanent, Full-Time – 35 hours per week
$53,162.20 - $66,393.60 / annum
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Leisure Service Supervisor for the Events and Bookings Department.
About this Opportunity:
The Leisure Services Supervisor reports directly to the Events and Bookings Coordinator. This position is responsible and accountable for the ongoing planning, development, facilitation, promotion, and evaluation of spontaneous sport & recreation in facilities. This position is also responsible for ensuring leisure attendants and facility monitor staffing requirements are met for service level demands, oversees sports equipment inventory and use in addition to specialty leisure events, incidental community private use, and positive customer experiences. The Leisure Services Supervisor also has a hand in promoting health and wellness through leisure opportunities for a wide range of sports, social, and recreation for all ages and abilities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Equipment management including maintenance/repair, purchasing new or replacement of equipment for leisure activities, and identifying budget requirements.
- Solicit and respond to leisure services inquiries from patrons, resolves issues or complaints, and assist patrons and staff as needed.
- Ensure appropriate leisure activity guidelines are developed, communicated, and adhered to for community access
- Develop, coordinate and implement leisure activities for patron spontaneous use based on evaluations, trends, demands, and the City of Leduc strategic plan directives
- Work closely with the marketing and communication team to promote and market leisure activities and guidelines for use through multiple media sources and platforms
- Recruit, hire, train, provide leadership and coaching and evaluate Leisure Services Attendants and Facility Monitor staff with City policies, procedures, and within employment legislation
- Ensure the safety and well-being of staff by implementing and following safety guidelines, staff orientations, emergency response training, and City of Leduc policies, principles, and practices of OH&S legislation
You are the ideal candidate if you have the following:
- A certificate or a combination and experience in recreation or Facility operations
- First Aid certification is required
- A minimum of three (3) years related work experience in a recreation facility and/or municipal government, recreation programming, customer service, and facility scheduling.
- Staff supervision and leadership experience are required
- Budget experience is an asset
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check at own expense
- Must be fully immunized against COVID-19 and be willing to provide proof of immunization or provide written approved exemption based on a protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act
To apply, please visit our website at www. leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on July 4, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be selected.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: June 14, 2022
Closing Date: Jul 04, 2022