- Certification in NFPA 1001– Level 1 & 2;
- Certification in NFPA 1002– All Levels– Operator certification;
- Incident Command System (ICS) 100 and 200 Certification;
- Current First Aid—HCP level/CPR/AED;
- A valid Alberta Class 3 with Q-endorsement and able to produce, upon request, a satisfactory drivers abstract ;
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a firefighter with a recognized emergency services (Fire) organization and a Safety Codes Officer in the Fire Discipline (SCO-Fire) Group A. (Completion of Group B1 certification within 1 year and Group B2 certification within 2 years of employment in this roll);
- Possession of NFPA 1021-Level 1, NFPA 1041– Level 1, Blue Card Certification, and/or NFPA 1033 Investigations is an asset;
- Maintain a physical standard as set by the Morinville Fire Department for work including high stress, working conditions that include heights, heavy lifting, physical exertion, rapidly changing environmental conditions found in dealing with emergency situations;
- Thorough knowledge of and the ability to interpret applicable codes, regulations, legislation, safety plans, building plans and reports;
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of building design, materials and construction methods;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal);
- Demonstrated ability in working with fellow staff, organizational departments and paid-on-call;
- Ability to work both days and evenings, any day of the week if necessary.
In addition to these attributes, we are looking for individuals who demonstrate integrity and honesty, reliability and motivation; who are continuously willing to learn and improve and who demonstrate a deep sense of commitment and responsibility to serving the public while working in a team environment.
Please submit applications quoting “Fire Prevention Officer, Competition #202025” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however,
only those under consideration will be contacted.