- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance or a related field
- Knowledge and understanding of basic accounting concepts.
- Thorough understanding of computerized accounting systems and spreadsheets.
- Understanding of PSAB standards an asset.
- Municipal experience is an asset.Experience with multiple ERP (Serenic/Diamond/Great Plains/PeopleSoft, Active Net, Geoware) an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to foster and maintain effective relationships among peers, departments and stakeholders
- Deal effectively and tactfully with the internal and external stakeholders simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills, prioritizing and ability to multitask with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure to meet critical deadlines
- Must submit a Driver’s Abstract, Criminal Record Check, and Child Welfare Check that meets the satisfaction of the County.
- Lac La Biche County offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including:
- 100% Employer paid Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Local Authorities Pension Plan
- Competition Number: 27-FA-19
- Closing Date: This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their resume in strict confidence to:
Attention: Human Resources
Lac La Biche County
Box 1679 Lac La Biche, AB T0A 2C0
We thank all interested applicants; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.