The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
Town of Morinville is currently seeking service oriented individuals to join our casual pool of Facility Operator I positions with the Community & Infrastructure Services Division. Reporting to the Team Lead, Facilities, the Facility Operator I shall be involved in the day to day operation, maintenance and custodial duties of Morinville owned facilities. Although support may be occasionally required in other Town facilities, work will primarily occur in the Morinville Leisure Centre.
Compensation: This position is included within the scope of the Town’s unionized setting (CUPE Local 2426) with a starting wage rate of $23.17 per hour (2021 Wage Grid). Hours of work are irregular and will vary by assignment. This position will be scheduled and/or on-call on an as needed basis, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the building to the highest level.
- Operate Facility/custodial equipment (Floor machines, partition walls, security system, etc.).
- Minor building repairs including wall patching, painting, replacing bulbs, ceiling tiles, etc.
- Facility inspections, troubleshooting and reporting of needed building repairs and deficiencies.
- Assist with Facility operations and access through set-up and take-down for events.
- Provide Facility user support during events per set guidelines, procedures and regulations.
- Open and close the Facilities as required (check/secure exits, visual inspection of the Facilities).
- Snow/ice removal and sand/ salting as needed at entrances.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Regular maintenance of all custodial equipment.
- Accurately complete shift reports identifying relevant issues.
- High School Diploma (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License.
- First Aid/CPR certification.
- Strong Customer Service skills and ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, internal & external customers.
- Custodial and/or Facilities maintenance experience is an asset.
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing).
- The successful candidate is required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Starting wage rate of $23.17 per hour.
Position Type: Casual
Posted Date: Sept 02, 2022
Closing Date: Sept 26, 2022
Job ID: 202246-FOI