The Town of Three Hills is seeking a self-motivated, dynamic, community-minded individual to play an essential role in providing confidential administrative and clerical support to the CAO and Senior Management Team to facilitate the effective and efficient operations of the municipality. This position is a Full Time – Temporary, as it is covering a maternity leave.
It is also the responsibility of the Executive Assistant to ensure a constant awareness and service orientation to the customers, both internal and external while ensuring compliance to all relevant legislation, policy, and procedure.
Emailed resumes are preferred and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. Applicants are advised to also provide a cover letter that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience, and relevant examples of required competencies.
If you are unable to apply via email, please submit your cover letter and resume, to the Town Office (232 Main Street), marked Confidential; or faxed to (403) 443-2616.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and all applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted and we regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Reporting directly to the CAO, the preferred candidate will possess:
- Shall be required to adhere to processes and policies in support of municipal goals and legislative requirements;
- Shall be required to provide confidential administrative support to the CAO and Senior Management Team to ensure resources are provided to make effective decisions;
- May be required to research, draft, review, and complete reports, agendas, documentation, minutes, and press releases;
- May be required to schedule, coordinate, and make travel, meeting, and event arrangements as required;
- May be required to attend meetings and events, during, and after regularly scheduled hours;
- May be required to assist with operating and capital budget processes;
- May be required to maintain the records management systems and ensure the protection and security of files and records;
- May be required to occasionally organize small work projects and supervise small crews of skilled or unskilled workers; and
- May be required to coordinate activities with external agencies and other operational areas.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma or GED certificate;
- Completion of post-secondary diploma in the field of business, administration, or related field;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and
- Knowledge of the Municipal Government Act.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Sept 03, 2020
Closing Date: Sept 19, 2020