Reporting to the Sturgeon County Corporate Executive Assistant, this position performs a variety of functions including confidential administrative support, review and analysis, preparation of information and coordination of document flow to support the Mayor and Council, County Commissioner and the Leadership Team.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Gather information upon request and prepare summaries or background information for leadership.
• Schedule appointments, plan meetings and coordinate activities.
• Assist with the maintenance and follow up of the Council and Leadership request system.
• Follow-up on issues and delegated tasks to COO & Directors on behalf of the County Commissioner.
• Assemble, prepare and distribute material and information, as required, for meetings, conferences, etc.
• Prepare expense claims, reconcile and code corporate credit cards for CAO & Executive Assistant. Review credit card statements reporting to the CAO (COO, Directors, Managers & Executive Assistant).
• Code invoices to appropriate general ledger and monitor budget expenditures.
• Serve as a contact point, on behalf of the Office of the County Commissioner, with ratepayers, councilors, officials from other levels of Government, other stakeholders and with the general public.
• Review all incoming correspondence, forwarding matters to the attention of appropriate County staff and following up as necessary.
• Draft correspondence, reports, agendas, minutes and supporting documents.
• Make travel and accommodation arrangements for Leadership Team and Council.
• Deal with routine internal administrative matters on behalf of the Leadership Team.
• Serve in a liaison capacity between the County Commissioner and County staff.
• Responsible for supporting the County's Records and Information Management Program through the maintenance, control, and disposition of the records for County Commissioner’s Office.
• Post secondary education in Office Administration with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Relevant experience in municipal or provincial government or other public sector organization.
• A background in a senior administrative role or executive support role. A general understanding of municipal government would be an asset.
• Excellent organizational, strong interpersonal, problem solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and restricted timelines with minimum supervision
• Proficient with Microsoft office suite
• Must have the reliability/responsibility with respect to dealing with Confidential information.
Please submit your application by email quoting the competition number in the subject line to: email@example.com
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Sturgeon County is an equal opportunity employer.