Key Responsibilities Include:
• Gather information upon request and prepare summaries or background information for leadership.
• Schedule appointments, plan meetings and coordinate activities.
• Assist with the maintenance and follow up of the Council and Leadership request system.
• Follow-up on issues and delegated tasks to COO & Directors on behalf of the County Commissioner.
• Assemble, prepare and distribute material and information, as required, for meetings, conferences, etc.
• Prepare expense claims, reconcile and code corporate credit cards for CAO & Executive Assistant. Review credit card statements reporting to the CAO (COO, Directors, Managers & Executive Assistant).
• Code invoices to appropriate general ledger and monitor budget expenditures.
• Serve as a contact point, on behalf of the Office of the County Commissioner, with ratepayers, councilors, officials from other levels of Government, other stakeholders and with the general public.
• Review all incoming correspondence, forwarding matters to the attention of appropriate County staff and following up as necessary.
• Draft correspondence, reports, agendas, minutes and supporting documents.
• Make travel and accommodation arrangements for Leadership Team and Council.
• Deal with routine internal administrative matters on behalf of the Leadership Team.
• Serve in a liaison capacity between the County Commissioner and County staff.
• Responsible for supporting the County's Records and Information Management Program through the maintenance, control, and disposition of the records for County Commissioner’s Office.
• Post secondary education in Office Administration with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Relevant experience in municipal or provincial government or other public sector organization.
• A background in a senior administrative role or executive support role. A general understanding of municipal government would be an asset.
• Excellent organizational, strong interpersonal, problem solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and restricted timelines with minimum supervision
• Proficient with Microsoft office suite
• Must have the reliability/responsibility with respect to dealing with Confidential information.
Please submit your application by email quoting the competition number in the subject line to: email@example.com
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Sturgeon County is an equal opportunity employer.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $67,524 - $88,855
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Posted Date: Jan 24, 2020
Closing Date: Feb 13, 2020
Job ID: 22-2020