Lacombe County is seeking an innovative and motivated Environmental Coordinator to join our Community Services team.
Reporting to the Manager of Agriculture & Environmental Services, the Environmental Coordinator will work collaboratively with all departments to ensure environmental best management practices are followed and comply with environmental legislation. This is a temporary contract position to cover off a maternity leave effective approximately May 2022 - July 2023 with possibility of extension.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop, apply and monitor environmental programs and policies;
- Review environmental impact assessments and environmental studies, and provide critical analysis;
- Prepare reports for regulatory purposes;
- Maintain the County’s Environmental Management System;
- Evaluate County activities within the scope set out in the Environmental Policy and the Environmental Management plan;
- Monitor the goals, actions, targets and performance measures for projects set out in the Environmental Management plan.
- Completion of a diploma or degree in a related discipline, or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written): demonstrated ability to prepare well written technical and administrative reports and give presentations;
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with various stakeholders including technical consultants, staff, elected officials, advisory committees and the public;
- Previous experience in public awareness initiatives, project management and conducting feasibility studies is an asset;
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license (required to drive to work sites, attend meetings off site, etc.);
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and prioritize in order to meet objectives.
A full job description can be found online at www.lacombecounty.com
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Apr 05, 2022
Closing Date: Apr 25, 2022