The Economic Development Coordinator will assist and work with the Community Development Advisory Committee to provide services to meet the County’s economic development interests, needs and action planning. The Economic Development Coordinator will be involved in strategic planning initiatives, marketing, project management and information management supporting the economy of the County.
Key Responsibilities Include:
1) Responsible to develop and implement the economic development action plan and ensure that it is updated on a regular and periodic basis.
2) Responsible to consult with the Directors and prepare an annual budget.
3) Responsible to facilitate community meetings and planning meetings pertaining to economic development.
4) Responsible for Policy development to support “Action Plans” or Councils’ Strategic Planning for economic development.
5) Responsible to participate in strategic planning in conjunction with CDAC.
6) Responsible for the development of an annual work plan according to the established strategies for the County. These responsibilities shall include the pursuit of economic development projects, the delivery of programs and services to the stakeholders, including residents and businesses in the County, and the marketing and promotion of the County locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
7) Responsible to assist as a resource person to the Director, CAO, Council and the CDAC
• Ability to meet critical deadlines. • Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and strategically and in a manner that builds understanding and commitment. • Ability to establish and maintain co-operative and constructive relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization and representatives of external agencies. • Ability to demonstrate sound political sensitivity and judgment. • Ability to maintain confidentiality on all sensitive matters and to deal tactfully and effectively with elected officials, senior staff, media and members of the public. • Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity. • Ability to demonstrate superior oral and written communication skills. • Ability to provide a strong customer service focus. • Ability to maintain high level of familiarity with County practices, initiatives, issues. • Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Records check. • Ability to provide and maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s license. • Ability to ensure all work related information is kept confidential and in accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Completion of Grade 12 diploma • Post secondary degree in Business, Economics or related field. • Economic Development Certification. • 5 years of related experience in Economic Development. • Extensive knowledge of strategic planning. • Specialized skills in the areas of marketing, communications, public and media relations. • Strong facilitation and community relations skills. • Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, Word. • An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Working in a client-based environment, incumbent must successfully work cooperatively with others. • Must have tact, judgment, and ability to compromise, solve problems and negotiate successful outcomes. • Must be a strong strategic, credible and entrepreneurial business leader who brings public and private sector experience working as a senior organizational executive or in a business development, economic development or related role. • Experience that includes leading a company, forging relationships with government and/or working with emerging technologies and international experience is preferred. • A natural ‘connector’, the preferred candidate has the business acumen and credibility to represent the County and work closely with a wide range of key stakeholders. • The EDC will stay up to date with trends and is open to further education. • Should have excellent social, interpersonal, facilitation and networking skills, be community oriented, out of the box thinker, creative, excellent leadership skills and have a good sense of humour.