Woodlands County is a dynamic rural municipality located in a thriving natural playground less than 90 minutes from Edmonton. The County encompasses a beautiful natural landscape that is appealing for the outdoor enthusiast with nearby recreational lakes, camping venues, as well as numerous trails for quadding, biking, hiking and snowmobiling. In addition to this the region has numerous amenities and recreational opportunities for the entire family to explore and participate in.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Woodlands County is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated leader to manage its corporate services department. As part of the senior management team, the Director, Corporate Services will be involved with strategic planning and will have the following duties:
• Oversee the county’s overall financial operations
• Prepare the annual operating and capital budgets
• Manage the County’s information technology
• Human resources administrator
• Manage/oversee the assessment and taxation functions
• Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
• Manage short and long term investments
• Manage grants and grant reporting
• Manage the risk management and insurance functions
The successful candidate will have:
• A professional accounting designation (CPA)
• Undergraduate degree in business or pubic administration
• Experience with strategic & business planning processes, budget process, financial reporting and forecasting required
• A minimum of five years senior level experience in related field and a full understanding of PSAB standards
• Proven leadership, supervisory and team building strength required along with superior verbal/written communication
• A strong team player who can immediately add-value across all departments
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to build strong relations with stakeholders, Council and staff
• municipal government experience would be an asset
Woodlands County offers a competitive salary and compensation package.
More information pertaining to the position is available by contacting the undersigned at 780 778 8400 or toll free at 1888 870 6315. Letters of application, including a detailed employment resume, clearly marked “Personal & Confidential – Director, Corporate Services” will be received until January 4, 2019 - or until a suitable candidate is found.