Woodlands County is a rural municipality, 150 kilometres NW of Edmonton, with an area of 7,668 sq km.
The County surrounds the Town of Whitecourt and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake, and Fort
Assiniboine. With a population of over 4,600 people, Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Providing administrative and technical support in a variety of functions relating to land development within Woodlands County, this position requires the individual to develop and maintain a working knowledge of relevant Planning & Development legislation and regulations. This position reports to the Manager of Community & Planning Services. Evaluate and recommend changes to statutory planning documents including Land Use Bylaw, Intermunicipal Development Plans, and others.
- Process Development Permits; Land Use Amendments; Subdivision applications; including local agency and provincial referrals, compliance and environmental search requests, review of site plans/survey drawings, field inspections, applicable correspondence, and advertising
- Follow-up on completed Development Permits ensuring conditions are met and liaise with Safety Codes Officers to gather appropriate documentation
- Liaise with and respond professionally and promptly to internal department, external agencies, government departments, and customer inquiries as well as service providers for the efficient operation of planning programs
- Perform field investigations and issuance of orders of non-compliant development/planning-related activity and facilitate the resolution of issues to comply with the Land Use Bylaw, other policies, and legislated regulations in conjunction with Contracted Patrol Services
- Prepare agenda reports, submissions to be presented at committee meetings and attend various meetings as a municipal staff representative
- Prepare various website and newsletter articles to educate and provide the public with ongoing planning activities
- Strong research, analytical, verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office, Adobe Professional, and GISsoftware
- 3+ years experience as a Development Officer or equivalent municipal experience will be considered
- Applied Land Use Planning Certificate or be enrolled in a planning-related program
- Comprehensive knowledge of provincial and municipal planning statues
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with MuniSight ES & MuniSight PD
Apply by visiting:
Completion of assessment testing is required to apply for this position. You are required to upload your resume as part of this process. Please allow 45minutes to complete testing.
Additional Job Information:
Position Type: Full-time
Posted Date: Jul 06, 2021
Closing Date: Jul 12, 2021
Job ID: Competition No: 2021-007