The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Technology Services, the Desktop Support Analyst is responsible for providing corporate wide first level support to all users of computers, mobile devices, A/V systems both on premise and hosted applications. This position prioritizes issues, identifies trends, researches, and presents industry best practice solutions to the IT team. In addition, the position is responsible for handling routine maintenance and changes to all Town's critical systems.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage helpdesk tickets at first level, prioritize ticket queue, and escalate as needed.
- Administer hardware and software including O365, Azure Active Directory, Server 2022, and Windows 10.
- Identify trends in helpdesk tickets to proactively resolve issues.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners.
- Undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades of servers and desktop systems.
- Administer and create reports from enterprise VPN and Antivirus technologies from Fortinet and Sophos.
- Network switch management using command line interface from Juniper, HPE and Aruba.
- Backup switch and network appliance configurations.
- Assist in preparing business cases for proposed systems, identifying the benefits and costs.
- Contribute to project plans and provide IT project support, when needed.
Submit resume and cover letter quoting
- Post Secondary Diploma in Computer Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience providing computer support in a predominantly Microsoft-based network.
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals or equivalent.
- Certification in CompTIA Network+, Project+ and Security+ considered an asset.
- Proficient skills in all Microsoft Office programs are required.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers Licence is required.
- Information Technology Risk Fundamentals Certification an asset.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze business/technology requests and problems to identify and implement steps towards an effective technology solution.
- Cybersecurity training and understanding of industry best practices.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, DocuShare, and records management.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy along with a high level of initiative.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Drivers Abstract as a condition of employment.
“Comp # 202313-DSA” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125 100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Morinville values and supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Annual salary range of $55,926 to $65,760 (7 Step Grid), based on a 35-hour work week. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Pension, professional development opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Posted Date: Mar 23, 2023
Closing Date: Apr 11, 2023