QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• To perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above with excellent quality, timeliness and precision.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Political Science, Community Development or a related discipline is required.
• Five years related work experience (municipal government sector preferred).
• Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Digital asset management experience.
• Superior verbal communication and personal interaction skills.
• Demonstrated skill and flair in business writing, editing and proofreading.
• Strategic thinker and problem solver who is self-motivated.
• Must be able to work in high stress environments, including Emergency Operations Centre (EOC). Previous EOC experience is considered an asset.
• Incident Command System (ICS) 200 and Alberta Emergency Management Agency (AEMA) Alert System training required or must be completed within 6 months of hire.
• Criminal record and vulnerable sector checks required.
• CPRS or IABC membership. If not a member, must obtain membership upon hire.
• IAP2 Certification required within six months of hire.
• Class 5 driver’s license.
• Works collaboratively, takes responsibility and achieves positive results.
• High level of emotional intelligence, builds understanding and communicates authentically with people from all walks of life.
• Focused and professional, works efficiently on multiple projects to deliver quality results on time and on budget.
• Learns quickly and adapts to changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Comfortable with new technology, digital tools, software and video/photo equipment.
• Knowledge of legislation that impacts municipal communications including the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Municipal Government Act, Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation, and Public Participation Regulation.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
• Extensive use of computers
• Subject to working in an indoor and outdoor environment
• Use and operation of vehicle
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs for event set up, including large displays. Must be able to lift or carry boxes of promotional and other materials.
• Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional overtime or weekend work may be required
HEALTH & SAFETY:
All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
• Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
• Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
Interested candidates may submit cover letter and resume by 19th April 2019, in one of the following ways:
Mail or Drop Off: Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079, Valleyview, Alberta T0H 3N0
By E-mail: email@example.com