The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing center for the surrounding rural community.
The Town of Morinville is seeking a Camp Leader to assist in the development and delivery of various Family and Community Support Service programs offered throughout the community with a main focus on summer camps. Our programs will include a variety of activities for children aged 6-12.
This position will be partially funded by a grant program and requires applicants to meet the following eligibility: applicants must be between 15-30 years of age, and either a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred (foreign students are ineligible) and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with the planning and implementation of summer camp programs for children aged 6-12 years old.
- Provide supervision to Leaders in Training volunteers during the summer programs.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe, clean environment and adhere to Health and Safety Standards.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide weekly reports to the Camp Coordinator.
- Other related duties as required.
- Attending high school or post-secondary education in Human Services, Education or related field.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Previous experience working with children in a program setting an asset.
- Valid First Aid and CPR/AED Certificate.
- Valid Driver’s License with access to a vehicle is an asset.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector and Drivers Abstract is a condition of employment.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $17.00 to $19.00/hour
Posted Date: Feb 22, 2022
Closing Date: Mar 04, 2022