The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing center for the surrounding rural community.
The Town of Morinville is seeking a Temporary Camp Coordinator to assist in the development and delivery of various Community Services programs offered throughout the community including summer camps. Our programs will include a variety of activities for children aged 6-12.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with the planning and implementation of summer programs for children aged 6-12.
- Prepare marketing and promotional materials.
- Maintain accurate program budgets and reports.
- Assist with staff training, mentoring, supervision and evaluation.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe environment and adhere to Health and Safety Standards.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and prepare weekly and end of term reports.
- Supervise and mentor the Leaders in Training Program.
- Other related duties as required.
- Attending post-secondary education in Human Services, Education or related field.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership/supervisory skills.
- Previous experience working with children in a program setting an asset.
- Valid First Aid and CPR/AED Certificate.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check including and Drivers Abstract.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time
Posted Date: Feb 24, 2022
Closing Date: Mar 11, 2022
Job ID: 202211-CC