This position is responsible for the analysis of business processes and to recognize the opportunity for development of improvements. An incumbent in this position will assess business requirements, recommend solutions and act as a project manager in the re engineering of information systems.
- Conduct feasibility studies, gap analysis and generate related documents regarding the analysis of business processes and the recommended information technology
solutions to problems.
- Act as a project and change manager regarding the development or re-engineering and implementation of approved information systems; creates project charters,
assist in preparing requests for proposals, vendor selection; prepares, tracks and reports work schedules and deadlines, conducts preliminary testing of systems,
coordinates transition from testing to production phases, monitors post-implementation system performance.
- Act as a liaison between client departments and vendors; reviews system specifications, and systems interface with other applications; assists in the resolution of service problems and issues related to projects.
- Analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes to develop strategies for enhancing them.
-Develop and deliver internal training to staff about project management, change management and process improvement.
- Develop and document best practices and procedures for continuous improvement of business processes and procedures across the organization.
- Related degree or diploma, including a Business Analyst Certification and/or Certification of Competency in Business
- Minimum five years progressively responsible related experience in a complex business environment and/or municipal government setting that includes leading increasingly complex, process improvements, projects and initiatives.
- A Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) Designation,
Business Process Management Certification and/or Project
Management Certification, Prosci Change Management
Certification would be assets.