Sturgeon County, just north of Edmonton, is a diverse community with urban and rural citizens and industrial and agricultural-focused businesses. We are looking for a Business Analyst to join a team of IT professionals dedicated to helping County staff provide efficient and effective services to our citizens and businesses. Being successful in this position means being able to work organizationally and with a portfolio of department to make strategic plans, analyze and reengineer business processes and provide project management and organizational change management where needed.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Establish and maintain relationships with a portfolio of departments, working to identify their goals and strategic directions, their constraints and challenges, and identifying opportunities for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the departments.
- Identify and engage in shared and corporate opportunities to improve strategic alignment and cross-organization efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work organizationally and with departments to establish plans and business cases for business process reengineering and/or enhancing existing or implementing new systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- As a business analyst, analyze existing processes and work with stakeholders to improve their efficiency and effectiveness in measurable ways through the County’s business process reengineering framework.
- As a project manager, work to ensure the success of your assigned projects, following the County’s project management framework.
- As a change manager, work to identify, develop and execute plans to implement change initiatives successfully.
- Create procurement documents and execute procurement processes to acquire new technology solutions or resources to supplement the existing IT team, as needed.
- Develop and document best practices, procedures, and corporate frameworks for project management, organizational change management and business process reengineering, including providing training to others as needed.
- Related degree or diploma, including a Business Analyst Certification and/or Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- Minimum five years progressively responsible related experience in a complex business environment and/or municipal government setting that includes leading increasingly complex process improvements, projects and initiatives.
- A Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) Designation, Business Process Management Certification and/or Project Management Certification, Prosci Change Management Certification would be assets.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $83,864 – $110,358
Posted Date: Jan 30, 2020
Closing Date: Feb 14, 2020
Job ID: 23-2020