Permanent Full Time 37.5 hours
Position is required on site in office location in Three Hills, AB.
In this newly created position, we are looking for an individual with a strong attention to detail, a natural skill set for data collection and analysis as well as a fun, engaging personality to add to our fantastic Financial Services team. This individual will bring their enthusiasm for collaboration, openness, and adaptability. Keep reading if this is you!
Welcome to Kneehill County!
Situated in the heart of central Alberta, Kneehill County is a progressive rural municipality comprised of approximately 814,653 acres of land and a population of 5001. Within the Kneehill County boundaries, are the Towns of Three Hills and Trochu, Villages of Acme, Carbon, and Linden, and 4 Hamlets (Torrington, Huxley, Swalwell, Wimborne) and other neighborhoods, with a total population of 11,000+.
The towns and villages in the area provide several recreational opportunities including indoor and outdoor swimming pools, indoor and outdoor skating rinks, walking and biking trails, ball diamonds, curling rinks, a wide variety of parks, and playgrounds as well as many campgrounds. Golf courses in the area include Trochu, Three Hills and Acme.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Asset Management Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining an Asset Management Program. The Asset Management Manager will establish asset hierarchy and be responsible for the asset data collection, analysis, and associated reporting. The individual will work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to establish and utilize effective asset management strategies that support both financial and service level sustainability. The position will further assist in developing asset management knowledge and capabilities across the organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Development and Management
Data & Process Management
- Lead the creation of an Asset Management Program including a Corporate Asset Management Policy, Asset Management Strategy and Asset Management Plan in collaboration with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Work cooperatively with all stakeholders to develop, implement and maintain appropriate business processes and systems to support the ongoing delivery of best practices in asset management.
- Evaluate and realign the program as development of the program occurs.
- Develop, review, and implement short, medium, and long-term Asset Management strategies that reflect the Corporate direction and the community requirements.
- Review growth rates of existing inventory and the associated impacts and develop realistic control mechanisms and recommendations for future service requirements.
- Analyze future funding and expansion requirements to maintain or improve levels of service.
- Train and support staff on asset management processes and their role in collecting and sharing data.
- Compile and maintain asset inventories and databases into centralized Asset Management software (Citywide) utilizing existing data records from various departments, media (including hard copy files), GIS systems, Asset Management software, excel spreadsheets, and other data management tools.
- Determine the current value of assets as well as assess life cycling data for municipal assets.
- Ensure establishment and adherence to proper process for the acquisition, write down and disposal of assets.
- Assist departments to ensure assets are properly insured.
- Ensure asset data is up-to-date and proactively managed within a structured framework that allows the organization to effectively manage and optimize the performance of its asset portfolio.
- Support the deployment and utilization of the County’s approved Asset Management Software (Citywide) for aggregating asset information.
- Generate and present a State of Infrastructure Report (summary Asset Management Plan) and provide annual updates to the Senior Leadership Team and Council.
- Contribute, facilitate, and support regulatory reporting requirements including assisting in relevant Financial reporting.
- Prepare and present relevant reports to Council and SLT, as required.
- Other relevant duties, as required.
What do we offer?
- Post-Secondary diploma in a relevant discipline (Engineering Technology, Asset Management, or other related discipline) or an equivalent combinations of education qualifications and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive and related asset management experience and a minimum of 1 year of budgeting and work planning experience.
- 1-2 years in a municipal or like setting is considered an asset.
- Related accounting experience is an asset.
- Project Management experience is an asset.
- Certification in Asset Management is an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, Access, and GIS applications.
- Proficiency with Citywide and MuniSight will be considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in leading and facilitating workshops and working sessions with stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that support the fostering of strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of stakeholders.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Strength in prioritization and time management.
- Competitive pay
- Local Authority Pension Plan (LAPP)
- Group Health Benefits
- Engaging and empowering work environment
- Strong policies and supportive atmosphere
- Open Door policy for ideas and creativity
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Fun and friendly co-workers
Does this sound like you? Are you interested in getting to know us better?
Visit our website: https://kneehillcounty.com/
Send an introductory letter, along with your resume providing information as to your skill set specifically in building and maintaining an asset management program.
Attention: Jessie Kasha – HR Coordinator
Re: Asset Management
Kneehill County 1600 2nd
Ave Three Hills, AB T0M 2A0
Closing Date: June 13, 2023
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: May 25, 2023
Closing Date: June 13, 2023