Parkland County has temporary, full-time, summer positions available in the Agricultural Services Department for Agriculture Field Inspectors (Weed Inspectors). Successful candidates will assist in the County’s weed and crop inspection programs.
Duties of these positions include:
- Weed and insect identification.
- Conducting field inspections and surveys on private and public land within Parkland County.
- Communicating with residents to promote programming and enhance relationships with Agricultural Services and Parkland County residents.
- Assisting with the delivery of extension programs by providing residents with information on weed and crop pests.
- Perform duties of an Inspector appointed under the Weed Control Act and Agricultural Pest Act.
Rate of Pay: $26.28 per hour
Hours of Work: 8 hours/day; 40 hours/week (May to approximately August 25, 2023)
This position is covered by the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local Union No. 955 Collective Agreement.
Further information concerning this position can be obtained by contacting Laura Duncan, Supervisor, Agricultural Agronomics at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parkland County is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace that welcomes, respects and values the multivariate diversity of current and prospective employees. We strive to provide reasonable access and accommodation throughout the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please connect with our human resources team at email@example.com